New manufacturing opportunities
The goal is to satisfy Saudi Aramco supply chain demand and maximize value creation by creating strategic supplier relationships.
Our strategic dimension is to identify new local manufacturing opportunities, increase the national supply base, along with expansion of existing local manufacturers’ diversity and capability.
Saudi Aramco purchases billions in goods and services each year. We partner with local contractors and our suppliers to increase their ability to compete for work and meet our requirements.
Saudi Aramco plans for a total capital budget of almost $150 billion, including domestic and international joint and equity venture projects, of which over $40 billion will be materials.
Local manufacturing opportunities
- Pipes and structural steel: $12.0 billion – (35% localization)
- Columns, vessels, exchangers and valves: $6.0 billion – (25% localization)
- Compressors, pumps and turbines: $4.0 billion – (15% localization)
- Instruments, electrical and transmitters: $5.0 billion – (30% localization)
- Chemicals, drilling fluids and inhibitors: $5.0 billion – (45% localization)
- Drilling and producing equipment: $6.0 billion – (20% localization)
- Health, safety, security and fire equipment: $3.0 billion – (20% localization)
- Construction and general supplies: $2.0 billion – (25% localization)
In total, there are 24 commodity groups in a broad array of buying needs with requirements that can vary greatly depending on location, operation and/or business.
Pipes and steel structure
- Welded line pipe
- Seamless pipe
- Structural steel
- Heat transfer equipment
- Valves & pipe fittings
- Vessels & columns
- Pumps & compressors
- Power transmission
Instrumentation, Electrical and IT
- Instrumentation & transmitters
- Electrical equipment
- Process chemicals
- Drilling fluids inhibitors
- Down-hole equipment
Health, Safety and environment
- Safety and security equipment
Construction & General Supply
- Building materials
- Community & office supplies
- Industrial supplies
- Air conditioning
For more information, please download the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (PDF, 91KB).